Friday, June 13, 2008

My memory disc is full

Last night I was trying to take a video to add to my blog. I was all set to record the sound of the waterfall and the shimmering lights of my little fountain, but- my memory disc was full. So, I popped in another one and- the disc was full.

I think that is a metaphor of my life right now. At work I am dealing with PINs, Ecommerce and Online Registrations on top of budget planning, evaluations and hiring. At home I have a painting project started in the kitchen which was on hold while I recovered from surgery, the cement path project that keeps getting washed out and tomorrow I am going car shopping (which I hate!). My old reliable Saturn has seen almost 140,000 miles and better days. Before I sink any more money into it, I am going to try to replace it. So, it's off to Racine, Wis. and a new adventure, but- my memory disc is full. I do not want another thing to deal with.

But, to get back to why I am really writing today... I am happy to announce that Tara and I have successfully instant messaged each other. It is a minor miracle, since we have been running like crazy to keep up at work. I looked at the gate count and this week there were three days that over 3,000 visitors came to the library. It is really amazing. So, Thing 3 is completed, although as soon as Tina and I are working on the same day again, we are going to start Instant Messaging, if we are ever in our offices at the same time. Also, last night I played with some of my pictures from our Disney World trip and posted them on Flickr.com, so Thing 4 is also done. I have already posted pictures for my family on MySpace, so maybe that counts too for the Photo Sharing. Anyway, I am off to clean out my car, since I might be saying a fond farewell to it tomorrow.

No comments: