Monday, June 2, 2008

Creating a new path


This weekend I found a form that I can use to create a pathway to the potting shed. I also bought some liquid cement color to add to the cement to give it a more natural appearance. Today I started digging out the area that I am going to fill with the cement mold. I hope to add more interest to it by imprinting my fern leaves, stems of bleeding hearts and even some of those propeller seeds that are floating down everywhere. I expect this will be a very long project, since I have to mold one section at a time, but it is a small area.

Yesterday I salvaged a shepard's hook that was buried in the woodland walk area. I put it next to the shed in my new butterfly garden and hung one of the bird feeders on one side and an arrangement of red, white and deep blue annuals in a hanging basket on the other side. I still need to really trim the dogwood tree in that area, but it's coming along.

I hope to have a little sun tomorrow morning. I finally fixed my digital and I want to get a picture of the iris before the storms destroy the fragile blooms. I am having a terrible time with my computer at home, so I bought a card reader to download pictures from my memory card into my computer at work. Last time I tried to download pictures into my blog, my computer froze and I have two boxes where I tried to insert a picture, but nothing appears. Hope to try some new pictures tomorrow at work.

No comments: