Monday, May 26, 2008

The ants are busy


It's that time of year again. The big black ants are busy working on the peonies. The first peony opened up this morning. I have 10 peony bushes and the ones with the southern exposure are always the first to bloom. The first flowers are the bright pinks and they are beautiful with the purlple iris that are just about to join them.

I'm still fighting this cold, so I really didn't do much again today. I made an arrangement with a few of the peonies for the kitchen table. They match the bleeding hearts arrangement in the hanging vase on the wall. Mostly I just watched HGTV and a program on the top 25 gardening mistakes.

I was very disappointed with the rain damage to some of my plants. I intended to make some sketches of some new white flowers and now all that's left are the stems. Last night when I was searching for RSS feeds, I looked up one of my favorite artists/authors/gardeners- Tasha Tudor. I wasn't even sure she was still alive. She is in her 90's. I love her studies of natural flowers and she is known for her heirloom seeds. I really need to find time to start drawing and painting again.

No comments: