Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Flowers as enlightenment

One of my favorite things to do is- browse in book stores. Isn't that crazy! I work in a library, but when I go to a book store I see all these titles that I want to read NOW. So, when I was at Barnes & Nobles over the weekend, I made a list of the titles that I want to read this summer. I just finished reading The Shack, and now I'm starting A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. It's one of our Quick Picks, so I better dive in quick.

So true to my theme of gardens, the beginning is about the about the Flowering of Human Consciousness. It starts: "Earth, 114 million years ago, one morning just after sunrise: The first flower ever to appear on the planet opens up to receive the rays of the sun." What a great start!

To follow up on the RSS assignment, I wanted to let you know that I chose Google Reader and the feeds I signed up for are related to some of my interests. They are:Gardening Ideas, Oil Painting Video, Room to Read Gail Borden Learns, The Shifted Librarian and The Shack. I probably won't continue to use all of them, but they are interesting.

Loved the prize for Thing 1! Everyone can use that!

No comments: